The Sonoma County Spare the Air Resource Team is exploring ways to access and coordinate options for using "alternative transportation" - alternatives to driving alone - in their daily lives. The team started the project by convening a group of stakeholders to share their perspectives on the issue.
Using the feedback from this meeting, the team has developed two projects that will provide Sonoma County residents with alternative commute information in an easily accessible format.
The first project is a website and Facebook page called Go Sonoma. The website is in a draft phase but it is available to the public. It will be more fully developed over the coming year. The website will provide:
- Information and links under the following headings: Bicycle; Transit; Rideshare; Telework; For Employers
- Stories from Sonoma County residents who use alternative transportation.
The Resource Team is also hosting “clean commute fairs” with large employers as co-hosts in order to reach commuters and help them connect directly with alternative commute resources at their workplace.
Two fairs were held in the spring of 2014 in the Santa Rosa area. Additional fairs are being planned for the fall and winter. If your company would like to learn more about how you can co-host a clean commute fair for your employees contact Stephanie Anderson at email@example.com or 510-763-2500 ext. 1.
For more information about the Spare the Air Resource Team, please contact Stephanie Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-763-2500 ext. 1
- 511 Regional Rideshare
- Climate Protection Campaign
- County of Sonoma
- Enterprise Rideshare
- Keysight Technologies
- Safe Routes to School
- Santa Rosa Junior College
- Santa Rosa City Bus
- Sonoma County Asthma Coalition
- Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
- Sonoma County Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Sonoma County Department of Health Services
- Sonoma County Green Business Program
- Sonoma County Office of Education
- Sonoma County Transit
- Sonoma County Transportation Authority