The Sonoma County Spare the Air Resource Team is exploring ways to access and coordinate options for using "alternative transportation" - alternatives to driving alone - in their daily lives. The team started the project by convening a group of stakeholders to share their perspectives on the issue.
Using the feedback from this meeting, the team has developed two projects that will provide Sonoma County residents with alternative commute information in an easily accessible format.
The first project is a website and Facebook page called Go Sonoma. The website is in a draft phase but it is available to the public. It will be more fully developed over the coming year. The website will provide:
- Information and links under the following headings: Bicycle; Transit; Rideshare; Telework; For Employers
- Stories from Sonoma County residents who use alternative transportation.
- 511 Regional Rideshare
- City of Petaluma
- Climate Protection Campaign
- County of Sonoma
- Enterprise Rideshare
- LITE Initiatives
- Safe Routes to School
- Sonoma County Asthma Coalition
- Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition
- Sonoma County Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
- Sonoma County Department of Health Services
- Sonoma County Office of Education
- Sonoma County Transit
- Sonoma County Transportation Authority
- Transportation Authority of Marin