Southern Alameda County
The Southern Alameda County Spare the Air Resource Team has worked to reduce greenhouse gas production and traffic congestion by promoting commute alternatives to solo driving and educating drivers about the expense and waste of unnecessary idling.
On May 15, 2014 the team will host Shuttles 101, a workshop tailored to the needs and interests of employers, chambers, TMA’s and others seeking to learn more about how to establish a shuttle program. The workshop will be held at Hayward City Hall, 777 B Street, Hayward from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
Resource Team projects from previous years include:
- Shuttles 101, a workshop for city staff. View the recorded webcast online.
- White Paper: An Overview of Shuttle Buses in the San Francisco Bay Area. Download here
- Anti-idling awareness campaigns in local schools.
- Collaborated with Safe Routes to Schools Golden Sneaker Contest
If you would like to join in the Team's efforts to promote commute alternatives, reduce traffic congestion and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, please contact Stephanie Anderson at 510-763-2500 ext. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AC Transit
- City of Hayward
- City of Fremont
- City of Newark
- City of Union City
- Enterprise Rideshare
- 511 Regional Rideshare Program
- Fremont Chamber of Commerce
- Fremont Unified School District
- Hayward Unified School District
- Kaiser Permanente
- New Haven Unified School District
- Newark Unified School District
- Supervisor Scott Haggerty's Office
- TransForm - Safe Routes to Schools