There are a number of ways Bay Area residents can find out when a summer or winter Spare the Air Alert is in effect.
Spare the Air Alerts will be covered in local newspapers, radio, TV, and other media, and advisories will be posted on the www.baaqmd.gov and www.sparetheair.org websites.
· The Air District’s 1-800-HELP AIR (435-7247) toll-free number will notify callers when a Spare the Air Alert is issued. In the winter, residents can also call 1-877-4NO-BURN (466-2876) for Winter Spare the Air Alert status.
· Residents can sign up for e-mail AirAlerts on the U.S. EPA’s EnviroFlash system. Join over 100, 000 Bay Area subscribers.
· In the winter, residents can call 1-800-430-1515 to register for automated telephone calls when a Winter Spare the Air Alert is issued.
· Residents can also download a Spare the Air widget for their website, which will notify them when a summer or winter Spare the Air Alert is in effect.
· Text "SpareAir" to 46786 to sign up for summer Spare the Air Health Alerts and occasional Spare the Air information. For help, reply HELP to 46786. To quit the program, reply STOP to 46786. Message and Data Rates May Apply.